Friday 13 April 2012

Earn It First

Font: NeoRetroDraw | Dotted border brush: Pugly Pixel
Watercolour brush background made using brushes by Fudge Graphics
I admit it it, I am not always the most hard working person in the world. That's not to say I never work hard, but as I get older I realise how much I have always laboured under the misapprehension that if something is hard, it is a sign you shouldn't do it. That is to say, I aspired to a life of effortless brilliance and ease, avoiding things I wasn't naturally good at. But as I get older I realise that this is a) not true, and b) can prevent you from lots of good things in life.

The more I think about it, the more I realise that actually, hard work is not something to be feared, and having to put in a great effort shouldn't be taken as a sign that you are doing the wrong thing. Everyone who has ever achieved anything great has had to work hard to earn it, and it is the knowledge of deserving something that makes getting it all the sweeter. So this weekend, I am going to try to remember that nothing worth having comes easy, and try to remember how good it feels when you get where you're going and look back with pride at how you got there.

Have a great weekend, hard workers!

4 comments:

  1. totally agree with u! thanks for sharing =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it! I think sometimes I can be a bit afraid of hard work, good to remember that its the best way to get to somewhere worth going : ) Thanks for taking the time to comment, Amy Xxx

      Delete
  2. This is so true! I was actually just thinking about this earlier today :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great mind think alike, eh? Glad you like it, and thanks for commenting, I LOVE to get comments! Amy Xxx

      Delete

I love to hear from you - no-one wants to be in a one-sided conversation - so leave me a comment and let me know you care! And if you want to send me a really lo-o-o-o-o-o-ng message, you can email me on heynicecardigan [at] hotmail [dot] co [dot] uk

Amy Xxx